*scroll down for full product list*
Lynx adapts to you, giving you control over your bus routing data. You decide what to name your routes, when your routes will operate, and which fields are visible. It’s also easy to drag and drop the names of the students onto any of your bus routes.
Lynx transportation software makes it easy to assign students to routes and keep track of the students as well as any special circumstances they may have. Critical information for each student is readily accessible, such as allergies, medical concerns, special needs, and custody information. The following is more about the ease of using Lynx in all matters concerning students:
- Drag and drop the names of students you want to route. One student can be assigned to infinite routes so that custody issues, day-cares, vo-tech schools, shuttles, and even field trips are easy to route. It really is that simple. Any student, any route, any time!
- Lynx automatically synchronizes with virtually every type of student information system (SIS) to ensure that the Transportation Department has the same information as the schools.
- Lynx provides quick access to critical student information such as phone numbers, parent information, medical alerts, routes, route times, home location, etc.
- Student contacts are easy to manage, including parents, guardians, babysitters, and emergency contacts.
- Reminders related to students are easy to manage, such as a child’s vacation schedule.
- Student disciple infractions can be tracked and easily customized to your student discipline form.
- Ridership for state and federal funding can be easily tracked to generate monthly MIPS reports with correct information.
It’s important to track fuel, in order to prevent possible theft. Lynx simplifies the process of ensuring that the fuel always goes to buses. You can quickly check to see which buses get the most miles per gallon. More fuel tracking benefits that you get with Lynx software follow:
- Fuel tracking can be used with on-site and off-site fueling.
- Find out instantly what the average MPG is for buses.
- Discover inconsistency in fuel usage, to prevent theft.
- Use your fuel data and MPG to help make decisions when replacing or repairing buses.
- Easily balance your bill to actual usage, if you fuel off-site or at service stations.
Lynx student transportation software even simplifies the handling of all matters related to field trips. Here are some of the ways Lynx makes dealing with field trips easy:
- You can see how field trips correlate with routes and whether any additional coverage is needed.
- A variety of reports can be printed for drivers, including directions, trip tickets, and an overview list showing any desired date range.
- View which trips still need to be assigned and just as quickly make a daily check to make sure each trip is covered.
- Bills can easily be created based on driver time, mileage, flat rate, and additional costs for meals, hotels, etc.
- Invoices for customers can be printed with one click.
Keeping up with buses and bus maintenance is another task that is made much easier. With the reports available in Lynx it is easy to keep up with vehicle depreciation, inventory, open work orders, inspection reports, equipment specifications, cost per bus, scheduled services due dates, and more.
Lynx makes it easy to handle employee management issues. Lynx will help with questions such as which driver is due for training, when drivers’ CPR certifications expire, and who is available for evening field trips. Here are a few examples of how Lynx makes driver / employee management easier:
- Track important driver data such as hire and termination dates, payroll information, and certifications such as CPR, First Aid, TSA Clearance, license expiration, and annual training.
- Lynx allows you to set reminders so that you are alerted when important dates are due.
- Lynx software can quickly provide driver utilization statistics.
- Issues such as driver absenteeism, driver availability, and managing driver assistants are all made easier with Lynx student transportation software.
With the benefits of Lynx, transportation matters related to school closings, school openings, and changing programs are much easier for superintendents to handle. Lynx makes it possible to quickly analyze the impact of any proposed scenario. Such impact reports can include student counts, gender, grade, ethnicity, and socioeconomic background, to ensure diversity in your schools.
Not only can you complete daunting boundary planning and redistricting challenges using Lynx Transportation Solutions but you can also create unlimited scenarios to see how the changes will impact your Transportation Department.
The Lynx Consulting Team is also available to assist, if needed. We are experts in student enrollment forecasting, school capacity usage, and impacts on transportation.
Unlike other options in student transportation management software, Lynx is NOT a difficult program that takes hours of training. Lynx does NOT involve waiting for endless maintenance routines to run, and it does NOT require rebooting due to frequent errors.
FULL PRODUCTS LIST
Lynx (standard application) provides a complete solution for managing transportation departments, including route management and consolidation, boundary planning, vehicle maintenance, live weather overlays, live traffic flow overlays, field trips, editable route maps, rider management and your own personal Lynx advisor.
FastTrack Data Get up and running quickly with a new set of data (in as short as 2 hours!). Lynx staff will pre-enter all students, drivers, vehicles, routes, stops, etc. into your Lynx database.
*FastTrack Routes creates a complete routing solution using our own transportation consultants and specialized hardware and software. You will have everything you need to start the school year without the headaches!!
*FastTrack Cloud Same as FastTrack, however users can use Remote Desktop Connections (Windows, Mac or Linux) to see their data while it’s being setup, i.e. no software is installed at your site, you simply remote into our computers here to see your data as if it was installed local but without the need for your IT department.
*Lynx Messenger sends text messages to parents of students in case of an emergency, e.g. delayed route, incident, etc.
*Lynx2Go Web based app for administrators, teachers, drivers, and parents. View routes, stops, students, drivers, work orders and standard bus stops from any web browser.
*Lynx2GoRL (Route Lookup) Web based app that allows parents to enter an address and see the closest route and stop to their address. Also, shows walking path from student’s home to the bus stop.
*Lynx2GoAL (School Lookup) Web based app allows parents to enter an address and the school their children would attend. Shows routes to school.
*Lynx2Go Trips Web based app for managing field trip requests and assignments. It can be used as a standalone solution or completely integrated with the Lynx software.
*Lynx2Go FastWeb Same as Lynx2Go except we host your data on our servers, i.e. no need to contact your I.T.department, we set everything up!
*LynxCloud Run the full version of Lynx on Windows, Linux and Macs. Allows users to work from home or out in the field
with an internet connection. 1 license can be installed on hundreds of computers but each license can only have 1 active
user at a time. Buy additional licenses for more concurrent users.
*Lynx Transportation Consulting provides you with professionally trained and former or active transportation
directors. Their wealth of knowledge can be applied to your transportation organization saving time and
money. Our consultants look at more than just your routes to save your district bid dollars. We will do a comprehensive
analysis of the entire transportation department and provide you with practical solutions.
*Lynx Hardware Services Don’t have your own IT department? Lynx will analyze your organization and provide you with
a quote for all of the hardware you’ll need to run a successful transportation organization. Lynx uses secure Linux servers
with Windows based PCs to provide a lightning fast user experience.
* **Lynx2Go GPS Vehicle tracking and monitoring from your desktop in real time
* **Lynx2Go Radio GPS Vehicle tracking and monitoring from your desktop in real time. Uses your existing radios. No subscription.
* **Lynx2Go GPS Plus Vehicle tracking and monitoring, student tracking using RFID cards (on/off bus notifications to parents and logging in Lynx) from your desktop in real time.
* **Lynx2Go GPS Plus w/biometrics Same as above but uses finger print or face recognition software instead of RFIDcards to identify students. Available in 2019.
Products coming available:
*Lynx Video Lynx can now help manage your video logs from within the Lynx window.
*Lynx Watchdog saves you money by analyzing your fleet based. Sends out text messages and emails to notify you of
*Optional products **Lynx works with several GPS vendors. Contact us for more information